Sunday, June 9, 2013

Altered dominos..

Ever since I first saw an altered domino, I looked high and low to find some. Checking out the Danish alternative to Craig's list - DBA - I found some antique and very old, but at a price of DKK 1.500 equal to USD 300, so that was not an option. I had about given up when I saw a box of dominos for DKK 20 (USD 3.50).... Yay, now I could try to alter some myself.

Painted the dominos with Gesso followed by Distress Stains brass and copper. Then to choose what images to decorate with, it had to be tiny pattern and Prima's Fairy Rymes came to mind.... what could be more perfect than tiny faries:-). After I glued the images to the dominos I covered the images with Glossy Accent that gives that wonderful look. The first one - the one in the middle - came out perfect. The two others did cause a problem with bubbles that was very difficult to get out... missed a few... but you don't see it and they are sooooo cute..



No comments:

Post a Comment