Sunday, October 13, 2013

My very first configuration box / sættekasse

Finally I got it done... not that it has been a difficult task, but I must focus more on applying for jobs and less scrapping.. I need money to buy more wonderful scrap stuff...:-)

Enough said... this is an 8" x 8" box of plain wood nothing fancy. I painted it to get a crackle look first painting it on the side panels and back with ordinary school glue and then painted with acrylic paint. When it dries up it gives amazing texture. And then I covered it with paper...lol

I used the papers from Jodie Lee Design - Butterfly Garden and Fairy Belle both bought as downloads... beautiful subtle papers that coordinates wonderful.

I lined up all the compartments with paper and distressed the edges with Ranger's Vintage Photo.

I fussy cut three of the fairies and placed them on the front and I think they look lovely.

When you look at the close-ups you can see how I decorated each compartment with homemade roses as well as Orchid Crafts Roses, and a few gardenias from my stash. tiny cloths pins, metal embellishments, buttons, a cork for a spool, not to mention lace from my blog shop... check it out!

It really was a lot of fun creating it and I will be putting it up for sale on my upcoming open house.... However, if you really want this adorable and decorative item send me a mail.

It sells for DKK 199,- + shipping.

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave a comment..:-)







No comments:

Post a Comment